Ruthie & Luke: 6.22.13
Dear Ruthie & Luke,
The minute you told me on the phone that the Blue Ridge Conference Center in the mountains of North Carolina had a special place in your hearts and relationship, I knew this was meant to be. In fact, that special place on Black Mountain is the very reason I moved to North Carolina over 7 years ago.
Your wedding day was unlike others I’ve been a part of for many reasons, and I am so grateful to have shared in it, and captured it. Editing this story brought me from tears to non-stop smiling (wait until you see their dance moves…). Some favorites?
- Your family and the love they so clearly have for the two of you, and the two of you coming together.
- Your faith, and the complete trust you put in it. And the many ways in which it was so beautifully expressed and integrated in your big day.
- Luke’s giant smile, and how contagious it is to everyone around him.
- Ruthie’s amazing face of excitement (shown in at least three places in this video).
- The largest bridal party I’ve ever seen. A true testament to how many people the two of you have collected through your lives who care deeply about you.
- The cake cutting. Enough said.
- Ruthie’s use of hashtags. (Okay, it’s not from the wedding, but I sure have enjoyed following you on Facebook since :))
I cannot wait to see the fun the two of you have out in California, and know you’ve gained a new fan back East in the good ol’ state of North Carolina.